Athens, Georgia Day Trips & Weekend Get-A-Ways
About an hour away:
- Lake Oconee/Lake Sinclair – Swimming, Fishing, and Water Sports.
- Broad River – Canoeing, Kayaking, and Tubing.
- Lake Lanier – Water Park, Fun for all ages.
- Watson Mill State Park – Covered Bridge, Canoeing, and Camping.
- Gwinnett Braves – Great Park, Loads of Fun.
- Road Atlanta – Racing and Driving Schools.
About 2 Hours away:
- Appalachian Trail – Day hikes and Camping.
- Six Flags Over Georgia – Roller Coasters and more.
- Georgia Aquarium – A must see in Atlanta.
- Atlanta – Professional Baseball, Football, Basketball & Hockey (for now).
- Atlanta – The Fox Theater, World Congress Center, and other music/entertainment venues.
- Asheville, NC – Slightly over 2 hours, but worth the trip. Biltmore House and Winery Tours.
- Augusta – The Masters golf experience.
4-6 Hour Weekend Get-A-Ways:
- Nantahala River – White Water Rafting, Canoeing and Kayaking.
- Harrah’s Casino – Gambling and Live Entertainment.
- Savannah – Beach, Boardwalk, Historic Tours and Plenty of Night Life.
- Myrtle Beach, SC – Beach, Golf, and Fun for All.
- Florida Pan Handle and Alabama Coast – Beaches!
- Charleston, SC – Historic Sites, Beaches, Fine Lodging, and Food for all Occasions.
- Great Smoky Mountains – Camping, Rafting, and Scenic Drives.
Leave a Reply